||The deadline for abstract submission is: Tuesday, June 15, 2021
The results of the evaluation of the abstracts will be published in the week prior to the event.
I - Guidelines for abstract submission
1) Please register for the event through the website. There are no registration or abstract submission fees.
• All abstracts must be submitted through the official Congress website – www.corticalconnections2021.com
2) Log in to the restricted area (MY LOGIN MENU) using the username and password that you have chosen for registration. New menus will be displayed.
3) Click on the “My Abstracts” Menu.
4) Follow the instructions on the screen to access the abstract submission form. Fill in all the fields in the online form.
5) Before submitting the abstract, please review it carefully. Changes will be allowed only until the final submission deadline.
* The submitting author must fill in all the fields in the online form. All communications related to the scientific paper will be sent only to this author by the registered email and he/she will be in charge of passing them on to the coauthors.
6) Choose the type of presentation – Poster Presentation or Oral Presentation. Make sure to indicate in the submission form If you want your abstract to be considered for oral presentation. Oral presentations will be held during the one of the six sessions.
7) After submitting the abstract, click on "Log out"
8) After submitting the abstract, the person in charge of the presentation (the same person who submitted the abstract) will receive an email confirming the information provided. Please check if all the information is correct. Should anything be wrong, log in again and make the necessary adjustments (up to the deadline for submission of abstracts – see “Important Information”).
9) If you do not receive the automatic email acknowledging the submission on the same day, the abstract may not have been sent correctly. In this case, please contact Help Desk to report the problem. Remember to check your SPAM box before doing so.
10) To access the event website again, just log in with your username and password on the MY ACCOUNT menu. If you do not remember your login data, use the “forgot your password?” option at the top of the page.
II - Main Areas
» Brain Morphology» Experimental model» Fetal Development» Genetics» Imaging» Neuropsychology
III - Important Information
• The official language of the Congress is English.
• The ABSTRACTS must be submitted only in English; ABSTRACTS submitted in other languages will not be considered.
• The deadline for abstract submission is: 15th June, 2021
• To receive the certificate for the abstract after the event, one of the listed authors must be registered and have attended the event.
• There is no limit to the number of abstracts to be submitted by any one author.
• There is no limit to the number of authors to be included per abstract. Please list the authors in the desired order.
IMPORTANT: The submitter/presenter must be included in the list of authors.
• Abstract acceptance will be published in the “MY ABSTRACTS” link of the submission site (author log in) in the following days.
• The abstract presentation should be made by the author registered as having submitted the abstract. If this is not possible, another previously registered author will do so, as long as he/she has registered for the event.
• Only one certificate will be issued per abstract presented. Certificates are issued following the order in which authors were registered.
• Please note: all materials produced based on the abstracts (such as publications in scientific journals) must be a faithful reproduction of the information submitted by the author. It is therefore not possible to change the title, summary, or list of authors after the submission deadline. We emphasize that the submitting author is fully responsible for all the information provided.
• By submitting the papers, the authors commit themselves to complying with the laws and ethical standards that govern research with humans and animals, including the approval of the Research Ethics Committees and Committees on Animal Clinical Research and Ethics.
• Submitting the abstract represents the commitment on the part of the author(s) to present the study, if accepted, during the event.
• The main author can choose the preferred way of presenting the abstract (poster or oral presentation). However, the Scientific Committee reserves the right to change this choice;
• The final decision of the evaluation committee is considered supreme, irrevocable and unappealable, which will not be reviewed.
IV - Guidelines for abstract preparation
• The title should be concise and reflect the study to be presented. The length of the title must be limited to 250 characters.
• The text of the abstract should not exceed 300 words (title and authorship/ affiliation not included).
• The abstract should be structured objectively and concisely, providing essential information under each heading. Suggested headings: Introduction, Objectives, Methods, Results, and Conclusion.
• Case reports should be structured as follows: Case Presentation, Discussion, and Final Comments.
• The institution or institutions where the research was conducted, as well as the names of the authors, should NOT be mentioned in the body of the text.
• The content of the abstract should be associated with the topic selected.
• The use of graphs or tables will not be allowed in the submission form, although such resources may be used when formatting the presentations.
• Bibliographic references should not be included in the electronic submission. The authors should refrain from using abbreviations.
• In the case of an ongoing study, for example, the authors should present the preliminary results and/or hypothesis.
V - Guidelines for Approved Abstracts
Guidelines to submit abstracts approved for E-poster
The approved abstracts will be displayed at the congress website without any presentation.
The abstracts approved for the POSTER section will be sent electronically (e-poster). The option to send the E-POSTER will be available within the author’s restricted area (“My Account”) – menu “My Abstracts,” in a specific link.
All authors with approved abstracts must send the e-poster through the website congress.
Presentation setup using PowerPoint:
- Create a PowerPoint presentation with a single slide.
- Page setup: Design – Slide Size – Custom Slide Size. Width 33,867 cm x Height 19,05 cm. Landscape orientation.
- Choose “save as” and for the “Format” option choose PDF format.
- There are no requirements with regards to the number of words, letters or characters, colors, or fonts. Images and graphs may be included.
- Your file must be attached to the correct Poster in your restricted area (if you have more than one abstract, go to “Insert Poster,” chose the correct file, and click "Send" to upload. You may change your poster file up to the deadline.
- Use italic only for words in other languages.
- The E-poster TITLE should be EXACTLY THE SAME as the abstract title. The authors’ names and their respective institutions must be written under the title. When there is more than one author, separate their names with a semicolon.
Deadline to send the E-POSTER: from from June 18th to 23rd – only through the congress website.
- The author or coauthor, who will have previously submitted the abstract through the website, is responsible for the timely delivery and appropriate format. The congress organization is not responsible for files delivered after the established deadline or with formatting problems.
- For more information, please contact CCM Congresses. Opening hours: Monday to Friday, from 8:00a.m. to 6:00p.m. through HelpDesk menu.
VI - Publication
All the presented abstracts will be available on the official website of the congress.
VII - Certificates
After the congress, the certificates of the abstracts approved for presentation will be made available to the author responsible for the submission on the congress website (conditional on his/her attendance of the event). To print or download the PDF file, you must access the "Certificates" menu, located on the congress homepage, enter the registered email, and fill in the "Satisfaction Survey."
Important notice: the certificates will not be sent directly by email.
• A certificate will be issued with the title of the abstract, in the approved modality, and the name of all authors registered at the time of submission.
• The second certificate will be issued with the title of the abstract, the approved modality, and the name of the presenter.
• At least one of the authors must be registered and have attended the event in order to receive the certificate later.
• If the author responsible for submitting the abstract has not attended the event, one of the coauthors (who attended and presented the paper) may request the transfer of the certificate through the Help Desk menu.